Beat The GMAT? Privacy Statement
BY USING THIS WEBSITE OR ANY BEAT THE GMAT OPERATED ECOMMERCE SOLUTION OR SUBMITTING PERSONAL DATA TO BEAT THE GMAT THROUGH THIS WEBSITE, YOU ARE CONSENTING TO THE COLLECTION, USE, TRANSFER, AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION AS DESCRIBED IN THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT.
Table of Contents
- Scope of this Privacy Statement
- Data Controller, How to Contact Us, and Processing of Your Data
- Collection of Information
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
- Storage, Use and Sharing of Information
- Your Choices
- Security of Information
- Privacy Shield
- Your Rights with Respect to Your Personal Data
- Links to Third Party Websites
- Children’s Privacy
- Country Specific Notices
- Changes to this Privacy Statement
Scope of This Privacy Statement
In General. This privacy statement (“Privacy Statement”) applies to each ecommerce solution, which may be but is not limited to, a website, portion of a website or a software application branded with the look and feel of a software publisher or entity operated by BTG International, LLC d/b/a Beat The GMAT (“Beat The GMAT”) for the purpose of selling such software publisher’s products and/or services (“Ecommerce Engine” or “Website”) where this Privacy Statement can be accessed from a hyperlink on, or otherwise appears on, that Ecommerce Engine. If you are purchasing products through a Beat The GMAT subsidiary and not BTG International, LLC d/b/a Beat The GMAT directly, please note that this Ecommerce Engine is hosted and/or operated by Beat The GMAT under an agreement with the subsidiary of Beat The GMAT who is listed as the seller of products in the terms of sale on this Ecommerce Engine. When you use an Ecommerce Engine, you agree to the collection and Processing of your Personal Data (as defined below) and agree to be bound to this Privacy Statement which can be accessed via the link provided on each Ecommerce Engine by ticking a box for example. Beat The GMAT respects the privacy of its customers, partners and suppliers of products or services. The purpose of this Privacy Statement is to provide you with information concerning how Beat The GMAT collects and processes your Personal Data when you use this Ecommerce Engine, and how we collect other information regarding your interaction with this Ecommerce Engine without identifying you as an individual; how we use, handle and disclose Personal Data; and the rights you have about the ways we collect and use that information. Our goal in handling Personal Data provided to us is to comply with EU Data Protection Laws (as defined below) in the jurisdiction(s) where a given transaction occurs, and to offer users of our Ecommerce Engine notice, choice and consent regarding processing for direct marketing purposes, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement with regard to Personal Data.
Data Controller, How to Contact Us, and Processing of Your Data
Controller Responsible for Your Data. Any Personal Data collected by visiting this Website is controlled by BTG International, LLC d/b/a Beat The GMAT, 3900 West Alameda Avenue, 12th Floor, Burbank, CA 91505, United States of America (“Beat The GMAT”). How to Contact Us. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding this Privacy Statement or our privacy practices, or have privacy-related questions not answered online, you may contact us by any of the following means:
- By Mail: You may contact us by postal mail addressed to BTG International, LLC d/b/a Beat The GMAT, ATTN: Privacy Department, 3900 West Alameda Avenue, 12th Floor, Burbank, CA 91505, United States of America.
- By Email: You may contact us by e-mail at [email protected] Please specify “Global Privacy Question” in the subject line to help us to expedite our review of your e-mail.
- Performance of a Contract with You. We will process your Personal Data if it is necessary in order to enter into or perform a contract with you. For example, we will process your payment information in order to sell you a product you have ordered on our Website.
- Legitimate Interest. We will process your Personal Data if it is necessary for the purposes of Beat The GMAT’s legitimate interests, except where Beat The GMAT’s interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms that require protection of your Personal Data. Beat The GMAT’s legitimate interests in processing your Personal Data include: Beat The GMAT’s prevention of fraud or misuse of services, IT and network security, marketing and advertising of products sold by Beat The GMAT, enforcement of legal claims including debt collection via out-of-court procedures, processing for marketing research purposes.
Collection of Information
We collect Personal Data you provide when you use this Ecommerce Engine. This may include, but is not limited to, the following situations: where you are providing information when you request information about, or use, a product or service available through this Ecommerce Engine, or information you provide when you purchase a product or service through this Ecommerce Engine; where you are entering a contest or a promotion, ordering a newsletter or using other informational tools; and where you are submitting an order or purchasing, downloading and/or registering products and/or signing up for additional services through this Ecommerce Engine. The information we collect and/or process includes your name, e-mail address, IP address, billing and/or shipping address, phone number, payment account information, and other information about you submitted to verify who you are or to work to prevent fraud. If you contact our customer service, we may collect similar or additional Personal Data you knowingly and voluntarily provide through your contact with our customer service representatives. We also collect information that is sent to us by your web browser when you use this Ecommerce Engine, which may include without limitation information that does not identify you personally (such as the date and time of your visit, information about your web browser, etc.). The information we receive in such manner depends on the settings on your web browser. If you have created a user identity on one of your visits to this Ecommerce Engine, we may link the information provided by your browser to information that identifies you personally and use it for the purposes described below. Please see below our cookies policy and review the settings of your web browser as described below if you want to learn what information your browser can send or how to change your browser settings. We may also receive certain Personal Data about you from third parties when you have agreed via a third party’s form/Website to share such information with us, such as through your use of a social network authentication to sign in to this Ecommerce Engine.
- Tailor information presented to you based on your browsing preferences, such as language and geographical region;
- Collect statistics regarding your Website usage;
- Provide us with information to support technical functionality of service, improve the Website experience and measure marketing effectiveness; and
- In some cases, to enable a third party to deliver future advertising for our products and services to you when you visit certain Websites owned by such third parties.
There are several different kinds of cookies, and should we be deploying cookies we (or a third party provider be deploying them in connection with our e-commerce activities) would be using one of the following common types of cookies, which may be persistent cookies or session cookies:
- Essential cookies are necessary to provide you with services and features available through our Websites. Without these cookies, services you may need, such as shopping carts or e-billing, cannot be provided.
- Analytics or customization cookies collect information that is either used in aggregate form to help us understand how the Website is being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customize the Website for you.
- Advertising cookies and tracking scripts are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly delivered and, in some cases, featuring ads based on your interests.
- Internet Explorer : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Chrome : https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=en
- Safari : https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265
- Mozilla : https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Opera : http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/en/cookies.html
Storage, Use and Sharing of Information
Our Use of Personal Data. We may use Personal Data collected by us for the following purposes:
- to contact you if you have requested information or communication from us;
- to determine the country in which you are located for compliance purposes (including without limitation export compliance);
- and for security, anti-piracy, and fraud prevention purposes;
- to help verify that existing personal information about you in our possession is accurate and complete;
- to provide you with product updates and upgrades, special offers, pricing information, newsletters, and other information, either on our own behalf or in some cases on behalf of a partner or client acting as their agent, where you have consented to receive it;
- to undertake any other promotional activities where you have previously consented to such promotional activities;
- in connection with keys, access codes or other information as may be required to permit you to access the Websites or services of our partners to receive products, updates or services;
- for the purposes identified in a specific Supplemental Privacy Notice posted on the page or area of this Ecommerce Engine where you provided that information;
- to verify compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations;
- to provide you, to the extent permitted by law, with a personalized shopping experience;
- to establish an account for future purchases by you if you have consented to the creation of an account;
- to provide you with effective customer service (which may to the extent and in a manner permitted by applicable law, include contacting visitors who commence but do not complete a checkout process to follow up on the incomplete session or to see if there was a problem with their use of this Ecommerce Engine), and/or technical support;
If you visit this Ecommerce Engine for the purposes of conducting a purchase transaction, we require and will process certain of your Personal Data for the purposes listed below in order for us to perform our obligations under such purchase transaction and corresponding contract. If you do not provide the required Personal Data, you will be unable to complete such purchase transaction on this Ecommerce Engine: ○ to take, verify, process or deliver your order, process or obtain payment, verify your tax or tax exempt status, contest chargebacks, determine your eligibility for a line of credit, or notify you of the status of your order; ○ to register your purchase with the manufacturer or service provider for warranty, technical support or similar purposes; ○ to provide notice of your purchase to the provider of an online service for which you purchase a service use right from us, for example, in order for the service provider to enable your access to the service and provide updates; and ○ to facilitate the renewal of subscriptions for products or services. Our Use of Anonymous Information. We may use anonymous information (i.e. information that does not allow direct or indirect identification of the individual to whom such information relates) collected by us:
- to personalize and support your use of this Ecommerce Engine, our services, and/or the services of our partners;
- to improve this Ecommerce Engine, the customer experience, our advertising systems, and our products and services;
- for fraud prevention purposes, such as device fingerprinting;
- to identify actions or transactions as originating through an affiliate marketing or referral program;
- to deliver targeted advertisements on this Ecommerce Engine and other Websites and/or ecommerce solutions;
- to provide reporting to our current and prospective partners and service providers; and
- for statistical or research and analysis purposes.
- Personal Data used for shipping and billing: 2 years after your last order ;
- Payment Information: only for the duration of the payment ;
- Personal Data used for marketing purposes: 3 years after the last contact with you (e.g. : request for information)
Beat The GMAT respects your right to make choices about the ways we collect, use and disclose information about you. We generally ask you to indicate your choices at the time, and on the page, where you provide your Personal Data. When you provide Personal Data, we may offer you a choice as to whether you would like to receive further communications from us and/or from our partners via a box to tick for example, such as communications related to updates, upgrades, special offers and pricing. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. If you decide you no longer want to receive promotional messages from us, you may let us know by e-mailing us at [email protected] or by following any unsubscribe link in our e-mails; please specify which consent you are revoking in your e-mail to us. Please note, however, if you give us permission to add your contact information to our partner’s mailing list and later withdraw your permission, you will have to contact our partner (or use the “opt-out” provided in the e-mails our partner sends you) to have your name removed from our partner’s mailing lists.
Security of Information
We are committed to keeping Personal Data secure. We have implemented physical, technical and administrative safeguards reasonably designed to protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access and disclosure. When we collect or transmit sensitive information such as a financial account number, we use industry standard methods to protect that information. It is important that you understand, however, that no Ecommerce Engine, Website, database or system is completely secure or “hacker proof.” You are also responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data against unauthorized disclosure or misuse, for example, by protecting your password. Different countries have different privacy laws and requirements. Please know, however, that no matter where your Personal Data is collected, used, transferred or stored, if it was collected through this Ecommerce Engine, it will be protected by us in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Statement, any Supplemental Privacy Notices that apply to you, and applicable EU Data Protection Laws.
Beat The GMAT has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the Privacy Shield Principles to BBB EU PRIVACY SHIELD, a non-profit alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States and operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit www.bbb.org/EU-privacy-shield/for-eu-consumers/ for more information and to file a complaint. The Council of Better Business Bureaus has committed to respond to complaints and to provide appropriate recourse at no cost to you. If you are a consumer, any dispute relating to the Privacy Statement or to its interpretation may be referred to the Consumer Affairs Ombudsman as provided for by the provisions of L611-1 and following of the Consumer Code and as indicated on the tab of the Ecommerce Engine “Mediation”. Failing such agreement, the dispute shall be submitted to the competent court of the place where you live, or to the place where the service is performed, or to the place of the harmful event, at your option. If neither we nor the Council of Better Business Bureaus/ Consumer Affairs Ombudsman resolves your complaint, you may pursue binding arbitration through the Privacy Shield Panel. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Panel, click here: https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?id=F-The-Arbitration-Panel. As explained here we sometimes provide Personal Data to third parties to perform services on our behalf. If we transfer Personal Data received under the Privacy Shield to a third party, the third party’s access, use, and disclosure of the Personal Data must also be in compliance with our Privacy Shield obligations, and we will remain liable under the Privacy Shield for any failure to do so by the third party unless we prove we are not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage. Therefore, we will select third parties on the basis of their adherence to the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework or that have executed an agreement based on the Standard Model Clauses issued by the European Commission. You can review our Privacy Shield registration here: https://www.privacyshield.gov/list. We are subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). We may be required to disclose Personal Data that we handle under the Privacy Shield in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Your Rights with Respect to Your Personal Data
We strive to maintain the accuracy and integrity of the Personal Data in our databases and to keep that information up-to-date. We provide ways for you to access your Personal Data as required by applicable law, so that you can correct inaccuracies or update your Personal Data. You have the right on legitimate grounds to: (i) ask for the erasure of your Personal Data; or (ii) object to the processing of your Personal Data. With respect only to the Personal Data you have provided to us either via a consent or that we process in order to perform our contractual obligations to you, you have the right to data portability. If you would like to exercise one of these rights, please contact us by postal mail addressed to us, ATTN: Privacy Department, at 3900 West Alameda Avenue, 12th Floor, Burbank, CA 91505, United States of America or by e-mail at [email protected] If you contact us we may, for your protection, ask you for additional information to verify your identity. In most cases, we will provide the access you request, correct or delete any inaccurate Personal Data you discover, cease the processing of your Personal Data and implement your guidelines. We reserve the right, however, to limit or deny your request to the extent permitted by applicable law if the disclosure may lead to a breach of applicable law and regulation, e.g. in case of any legal obligation to retain certain data, or if you have failed to provide sufficient evidence to verify your identity. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority in your jurisdiction if you believe that our processing of your Personal Data infringes the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation.
Beat The GMAT’s Website provides links to third-party web sites, which are not under the control of Beat The GMAT. Beat The GMAT makes no representations about third-party web sites. When you access a non-Beat The GMAT web site, you do so at your own risk. Beat The GMAT is not responsible for the reliability of any data, opinions, advice, or statements made on third-party sites. Beat The GMAT provides these links merely as a convenience. The inclusion of such links does not imply that Beat The GMAT endorses, recommends, or accepts any responsibility for the content of such sites.
This Ecommerce Engine is not directed at nor targeted to children. If you have not reached the age of majority or are not able to enter into legally binding agreements in your country, you may not use this Ecommerce Engine unless supervised by an adult. Our goal is to comply with applicable laws and regulations relating to collection and use of information from children as such term is defined by applicable laws. If you believe that we have received information from a child or other person protected under such laws, please notify us immediately by postal mail addressed to Beat The GMAT’s Privacy Department, Beat The GMAT. 3900 West Alameda Avenue, 12th Floor, Burbank, CA 91505, United States of America or by e-mail at [email protected], and we will take reasonable steps to remove that information from our databases.
Country Specific Notices: Consent
If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA), by using this Ecommerce Engine you consent by ticking the specific consent box to the processing of your Personal Data by BTG International, LLC d/b/a Beat The GMAT’s servers in the United States and the storage of your Personal Data in the United States for the purposes set forth in this Privacy Statement, and acknowledge that your personal data may be transmitted by us to other Beat The GMAT companies for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement and for company group administration purposes. You may withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future but you will then not be able to use our services and in particular order products on our Websites. For further information if you wish to withdraw your consent by emailing us at [email protected]
Changes to This Privacy Statement
We may occasionally update this Privacy Statement. These updates may reflect, among other things, changes in applicable laws, rules or regulations, changes in our data collection practices, and/or changes to our business or services. Changes to our Privacy Statement will become effective 30 days after posting and will only apply to your Personal Data we hold if you use the Website after the revised statement becomes effective. If revisions to the Privacy Statement materially affect how we may use Personal Data collected from you prior to the date of the revised statement, then we will request that you opt-in to the revised Privacy Statement via a checkbox for each new order/purchase. We will post an updated version of this Privacy Statement on the Ecommerce Engine with a revised effective date, to let you know that we updated the Privacy Statement. Copyright © 2006-2018 BTG International, LLC d/b/a Beat The GMAT. 3900 West Alameda Avenue, 12th Floor, Burbank, CA 91505